US Robotics, Almasa sign regional OEM distribution agreement
Modem manufacturer US Robotics and Almasa distribution, a regional Information Technology (IT) distributor, announced that they have established a partnership in the Middle East, under which Almasa will supply US Robotics’ line of OEM modems to computer assemblers in several Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries.
The agreement enables the two companies to offer US Robotics’ internal plug-and-play OEM modems, as well as OEM networking products upon release, marking USRobotics’ entry into the regional assembly market. Almasa will also handle most regional OEM deals in the future, including those with brand name PC vendors, according to a company press release.
Other US Robotics OEM partners in the region include Essam Arabian Projects (ESAP) for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Metra Computer in Egypt.
US Robotics is an international Internet access solutions provider, bringing the Internet into homes and businesses around the world. In the 1990’s it was the first to boost analog modem speeds to the V.90 56K standard. US Robotics is a privately held company headquartered in the Chicago area. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Cell Robotics retains HC Wainwright & Co as its investment banker
- US Robotics signs strategic agreement with ICC
- Almasa Distribution signs exclusive distribution with ExcelStor Technology
- Extreme Networks expands regional footprint in MEA region
- Almasa IT Distribution signs agreement with NVIDIA for Middle East