US sanctions six Asian firms under Iran nonproliferation act
The US State Department has listed five Chinese companies and one North Korean firm that have been sanctioned for violations of the Iran Nonproliferation Act and other missile nonproliferation laws.
The US imposed penalties on five Chinese entities—Taian Foreign Trade General Corporation, Zibo Chemical Equipment Plant, Liyang Yunlong Chemical Equipment Group Company, China North Industries Corporation (NORINCO), and China Precision Machinery
Import/Export Corporation (CPMIEC)—and one North Korean entity, Changgwang Sinyong Corporation.
This is the first time penalties have been imposed on Taian Foreign Trade General Corporation, however, all other entities have been sanctioned previously pursuant to the Iran Nonproliferation Act of 2000 or other sanctions laws. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- The US imposes sanctions on nine firms dealing with Iran
- Kicking the wrong 'derrière': Iran's economic sanctions need to be placed on Israel
- U.S. senators call for a tougher stance on Iran's nuclear weapons
- Report: U.S. to impose sanctions on Chinese firms transferred arms to Iran
- Russia: chance for nuclear deal that would Lift Iran sanctions