UWEC issues multi-million power transmission tender
The United Arab Emirates (UAE)’ Union Water and Electricity Company (UWEC) is accepting tender applications for the installation of a 400 kilovolt overhead power transmission line connecting its Qidfa water desalination plant in Fujairah to its Al-Dhaid substation in Sharjah. UWEC will accept bids until August 25, reported WAM.
The contract calls for the supply and installation of a 69-kilometer double circuit overhead power line in addition to upgrading of Al-Dhaid’s facilities. UWEC has prequalified ABB, Electromontaj, Hyundai Engineering and Construction, KEC, Larsen and Toubro and the Power Transmission Company for the multi-million dollar tender.
Established in 2001, UWEC’s responsibilities include operating and managing the desalination and power plant in Qidfa to meet the rising demand for water in Al-Ain and the rapidly growing water and power needs of the northern emirates. The 4.5-billion Emirati dirham ($1.2 billion) project was funded by the Abu Dhabi government. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Egypt's power sector moves toward privatization
- Sogex Oman to operate Qidfa water and power project
- Bids in for transmission package of UAE desalination, power plant
- US Consultants Win Contract for Restructuring Saudi Arabia’s Electricity Sector
- Lebanon: Energy Ministry to issue tenders for $1.2 billion electricity project