Venezuela's Oil Workers Strike :25.000 workers absent
In a press conference on Wednesday Hugo Hernandez Rafalli president of the Petroleum Chamber of Venezuela said that some 25,000 oil workers were absent from their jobs due to a strike call by Fedepetrol the country's biggest oil union.
Venezuela oil company PDVSA Vice-president Domingo Marsicobetre reported in a local television station that "a significant absenteeism at all installations" was taking place.
Petroleum Chamber president called for an end to the strike and expects that the union and PDVSA work things out within a few hours.
Representatives from PDVSA, Fedepetrol, oil and labor ministries and other oil unions are currently meeting.
By Elio Ohep
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Venezuela's Oil Workers Strike : No consensus between Union and PDVSA- strike continues
- Venezuela's Oil Workers Strike : Strike is Over
- Venezuela Oil Union: Labor actions stop until next Wednesday
- PDVSA'S Lameda: More time needed to negociated
- Venezuela's President Chavez removes PDVSA President Ciavaldini.