Venezuela's Oil Workers Strike : Strike is Over
Carlos Ortega president of Fedepetrol Venezuela principal oil union said that the strike is over " thanks god" after 4 days "I'm a bit happy but not totally satisfied" an now " Let's get everybody back to work" he added.
The 4 days Venezuela PDVSA oil workers is over Carlos Ortega president of the Oil Union said tonight in a press conference."I'm a bit happy but not totally satisfied" after 4 days on a strike, the representatives agreed with PDVSA on the pending salary issue.
Carlos Ortega called all 40.000 oil workers to return to work " " Let's get everybody back to work" he said. The agreement was signed Saturday night at with PDVSA and the Labor Ministry in the presence of Isaias Rodriguez Venezuela's Vice-president.
Ortega added that the salary raise of additional Bs. 6000 per day will be paid out Bs. 5.000 at the contract signature and the rest Bs. 1.000 on February of next year. In addition the workers will get now a compensation bonus of Bs. 2.500.000 and other benefits.
By Elio Ohep
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Venezuela's Oil Workers Strike : No consensus between Union and PDVSA- strike continues
- Venezuela's Oil Workers Strike :25.000 workers absent
- Venezuela Oil Union: Labor actions stop until next Wednesday
- PDVSA'S Lameda: More time needed to negociated
- Venezuela's President Chavez removes PDVSA President Ciavaldini.