Venezuela\'s Rodriguez: OPEC will cut out to 1 mln bpd if necessary
Venezuela's Energy Minister Ali Rodriguez Araque said Wednesday during a radio interview, that OPEC ready to cut production by up to 1 million barrels per day if the price goes down below $22.
"If we observe that inventories remain high and prices low we will cut production," said Rodriguez.
Rodriguez added that a cold winter in the United States may keep the OPEC basket of cruds at above $22 a barrel.
"We foresee an output cut of 500,000 barrels per day, but if it is necessary we could cut up to one million barrels per day".
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- OPEC Outlook: Venezuela's Silva '\'OPEC will cut output by at least 500,000 bpd'\'
- Rodriguez: OPEC Prepared to Hike Output if Necessary
- OPEC President Rodriguez: OPEC will cut 500,000 bpd automatically in January 8.
- Kuwait says OPEC has agreed output cut at 1.5 mln bpd
- Rodriguez: OPEC with no doubt will cut production