Visa holds risk management training for Bank of Palestine
As Visa International continues to build its support for member banks to become leaders in their local markets, a comprehensive risk management training was recently held for Bank of Palestine Ltd. to guide them on international best practices for combating card fraud effectively and creating a safer payment environment for Palestinian cardholders.
The three-day comprehensive training, conducted in Dubai, was attended by Jamal Shaheen, Head of Credit Card Division and Bassam Abu Shaban, Head of IT, Bank of Palestine Ltd, who received an in-depth understanding on fraud identification, mitigation, counterfeit tracking, and control procedures. The training programme was the first to be hosted for a Palestinian Bank outside the country.
Shaheen said, “We found the training extremely useful. We now have an enhanced understanding around how we can further develop our own security systems and procedures to thwart card fraud.
“We are aware that risk management is one of the most important factors of successful card management. The training provided by Visa, is an important step forward for strengthening the security of our cardholders’ transactions.” (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- TAG organizes training course on Governance and Risk Management in cooperation with the International Finance Corporation
- Emarat holds an Awareness Workshop on Fraud Risks
- Visa Provides Fraud Control Training to Kuwait Police Department
- MashreqBank and Visa reward Dubai jeweller for busting card fraudsters
- Visa Encourages Banks To Partner With Microfinance Institutions Profitable Business Opportunities For Middle East Commercial Banks