Vivendi Universal sells Vodafone Egypt interest
French telecommunications giant Vivendi Universal has decided to sell its seven percent stake in Vodafone Egypt to British mobile operator Vodafone, for $48 million, pending the appropriate authorizations.
Vodafone Egypt (formerly branded Click GSM) initially launched mobile services in 1998 as Misrfone Telecommunications. The company is owned by an international consortium, with a team of over 1,900 employees and paid-in capital of 1.2 billion Egyptian Pounds. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- V for Verizon, Vodafone: the two giants sign blockbuster mega-deal!
- Vodafone Egypt’s subscriber base up 31 percent to 2.26 million
- Vivendi buys 35 percent of Maroc-Telecom
- As global interest in Arab telecoms falls, local operators expected to step in
- Is Egypt's telecommunications sector headed towards a showdown?