VoEx International launches GlobalNet mobile phone service in Iraq
VoEx International, a provider of telephony services, has signed an agreement with GlobalNet Corporation to distribute satellite mobile phones and SIM cards powered by Globalstar network in Iraq.
Marketing will commence this month, beginning initially in Iraq and expanding afterward throughout the Middle East and Northern Africa, stated a press release.
VoEx will market the advanced GSM/SAT hand sets and related options under the brand name Shehab and will distribute through a network of shops and kiosks situated throughout Iraq.
For the time being, all calls will be made on a prepaid basis because of the general fiscal disarray of the region. This arrangement is expected to change after one of the proposed GSM cellular networks is finally completed and the country continues to grow in economic strength.
VoEx International, a member of the Voex family, provides international voice, fax and other value-added applications over the Internet. The company’s Chief Executive Officer, Haydar Haba, is an American citizen and native of Iraq. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Voex and international partners seek licenses for operating wireless network in Iraq
- Inclarity provides international mobile gateway to Northern Iraq
- Iraq selects Arab mobile providers to develop GSM network
- Kuwaiti telephony company offers PC to phone service world wide
- US authorities urge cancellation of Batelco’s GSM service in Iraq