Wataniya Telecom launches Kuwait's first mobile movie news service
Wataniya Telecom has launched Kuwait's first MMS-based service that brings animated movie previews directly to the handsets of mobile users. Once a week, subscribers to the new movie news service will receive a Multi Media Messaging Service (MMS) that features previews on the latest blockbuster movies before they arrive to the Kuwaiti market.
Action customers today can access movie news, wallpapers and screensavers, Arabic comics, cartoons and horoscopes, send and receive photo messaging, compose and send greeting cards, and access the mobile Internet and their email accounts.
Launched in December 1999, Wataniya Telecom is the second and leading GSM mobile operator in the State of Kuwait. With a market capitalization exceeding $1.75 billion, the company has been a driving force in increasing the mobile communications market penetration in Kuwait to over 60 percent of the population. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Wataniya Telecom expands GPRS network across Kuwait
- Wataniya Telecom Action subscribers reach new peaks
- Wataniya Telecom dials Oracle for customer management project
- Kuwait’s Wataniya Telecom bidding for Bahraini second mobile license
- Customer uptake of Wataniya Telecom's Action service exceeds forecasts