The Wave - Oman's ambitious tourism development project
The Wave, Oman’s most ambitious tourism development project encompassing integrated residential and tourism resort along the Muscat coastline, is co-sponsoring the conference on Built Environments for Sustainable Tourism (BEST), currently underway in Oman.
In a welcoming speech to participants, Peter Walichnowski, chief executive officer of Majid Al Futtaim Investments (MAFI), who are joint promoters of the project, said: “Oman is rapidly developing as a prime tourist destination with unparalleled natural splendour and authentic Arabian heritage and hospitality. Our involvement in the BEST conference is part of our endeavour to back the government’s initiative since this conference is a vital event in the calendar of the country’s tourism promotion drive.”
The development and management of the Wave mixed hotel and residential development is estimated at US$805 million.
- Oman’s premier marina development The Wave, Muscat, strengthens Mourjan Marinas IGY’s growing portfolio of major projects in the Middle East
- Oman: Site preparation work on The Wave to start in May
- Travel Agency Ambitious to Promote Oman Tourism
- The Wave, Muscat showcases integrated tourism project to Kuwaiti investors and home buyers
- Oman: Construction of The Wave starts