Western Digital continues to thrive in the Saudi market
Western Digital Corporation has announced that its annual product shipments to Saudi Arabia surpassed 500,000 units in 2002 and continue to perform above expectations. This statistic is significant, say regional executives, as the Kingdom accounts for as much as 35 percent of the entire Middle East's hard-disk drive market.
Industry analysts suggest that this demonstrates strong underlying growth potential, countering recent reports of a fall in demand for PC components. According to Gartner research group, 2006 will see 30 million hard-disk drives made for TV and digital video applications, 20 million hard-drives made for gaming applications, and 10 million drives designed for network attached storage (NAS) applications.
Western Digital, founded in 1970, provides products and services for people and organizations that collect, manage and use digital information. Its core business, hard drive solutions, produces hard drives that keep users' data close-at-hand and secure from loss. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Saudi's burgeoning trade: Islamic economics thriving
- Western Digital announces expansion program for the region
- Consulting Industry Alert: GCC consulting market now growing faster than US and China
- Saudi Arabia Prime Market for Digital Marketing
- Western Digital looks to new market opportunities in Middle East at Gitex 2003