Western Union opens regional headquarters in Dubai
Western Union Financial Services Incorporated recently opened its new Middle East headquarters in Dubai Internet City (DIC) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The new facility will serve as the hub for Western Union's activities in its Middle East and South Asia region, stated a press release.
The Western Union Money Transfer Service has been available in the Middle East for the past six years. The move to larger quarters in DIC was driven by the growth of the company's regional business, where transactions grew by 63 percent in 2001.
In the region the company operates specifically in the UAE, Egypt, Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Yemen, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Maldives and India.
Worldwide, Western Union completed 109 million money transfer transactions in 2001, a 22 percent increase over 2000. The office employs 14 people and provides room for expansion. Western Union celebrated is 150th anniversary in 2001. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Western Union Financial Services to reduce fees for UAE customers
- Western Union® launches domestic money transfer service in Oman
- Emirates Post joints Western Union’s money transfer network
- MashreqBank launches express international money transfer service
- UAE: Western Union launches domestic money transfer service