Who needs Forbes, after all? Al-Waleed bin Talal receives 'top Belgian honour'
Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC) and chairman of Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation, was honored “Grand Officer of the Order of Leopold” by Princess Astrid of Belgium on behalf of King Philippe of Belgium.
The honoring took place at the Council of Saudi Chambers in Riyadh.
During the honoring ceremony, Prince Alwaleed gave a speech.
He expressed his appreciation to King Philippe of Belgium for the honor that was bestowed upon him.
The prince also welcomed Princess Astrid and the Belgian delegation.
In addition, Prince Alwaleed referred to the bilateral economic relations between Saudi Arabia and Belgium, emphasizing on the exports that have grown by 50 percent since the last business delegation’s visited to Saudi Arabia in 2009.
The prince expressed his pride at the collaboration between Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation, Global and the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC).
The ceremony was also attended by Princess Reema bint Talal, Prince Khaled bin Alwaleed bin Talal, Princess Reem bint Alwaleed bin Talal, Princess Moneerah Al-Assaf, wife of Prince Khaled bin Alwaleed bin Talal and Salah Alhujailan.
The delegation from the prince’s private office included Nada Alsugair, executive director, finance and administration, Nahla Nasser Alanbar, private executive assistant to the chairman and Fahad bin Saad bin Nafel, executive assistant to the chairman.
The delegation from KHC included Heba Fatani, senior executive manager, corporate communications department and Manal Alshammary, manager, protocol department.
The event was also attended by Abir Kaki, secretary general of Alwaleed bin Talal Foundation.
The Belgian delegation included Didier Reynders, deputy prime minister and Federal Minister of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and European Affairs, Jean-Claude Marcourt, vice-president and minister of economy, SMEs, foreign trade and new technologies of the Walloon Government and minister of higher Education of the government of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation, Celine Fremault, minister of economy, employment, scientific research, trade and foreign trade of the Brussels-Capital Region and Marc Vinck, ambassador of Belgium to Saudi Arabia.
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- In wake of failed coup, Turkey shuts down all Gulen-linked businesses
- Saudis, Jordanians top the list of Arab property buyers in Dubai
- Mandatory health insurance required for Dubai residents
- Business in the Elyséé Palace: Al-Waleed bin Talal, Hollande and CEOs meet over momentous Saudi-French investments
- Saudi Minister of Planning receives Wales First Minister
- He's worried, rightfully so: Al-Waleed Bin Talal asks his country to stop 'huge mistake' and establish sovereign wealth fund
- Belgian Foreign Minister receives Palestinian Legislative Council President
- Universal Media 7 Receives Prestigious “Media Communications Company of the Year” Award at Ceremony under the Patronage of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Ras