Woodside Petroleum eyes Iraq oil sector
Australian mining company, Woodside Petroleum, has plans for expansion into Iraq. CEO, Don Voelte, indicated that the company would be interested in the promising Iraqi market, which offered good prospects for foreign firms.
According to him, Kurdistan was interesting, but also the reservoirs in the south were attractive.
Woodside is Australia's largest publicly listed independent oil and gas exploration and production company. The company celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2004.
- International oil consortium to explore Algeria’s Berkine Basin
- One more item to the boycott list? Israel adamant on becoming a major gas exporter
- Oil big wigs eye Iraqi Kurdistan
- University of Basrah to equip petroleum engineering laboratories through ExxonMobil grant
- Iraq is the last untapped oil source: Crescent Petroleum