Work on Bahrain’s Dream Island Project to commence by January 15
Dredging and reclamation works for the Dream Island Development Project, Manama, Bahrain are scheduled to commence by January 15, 2003. At an estimated completion cost of approximately $130 million, the project is a tourist resort complex scheduled for completion in 2007.
The project’s developers held a meeting on December 15, in Manama, Bahrain to discuss final arrangements and permitting required in order to commence the dredging and reclamation works for the construction and establishment of the of 16.5 hectare offshore man made island that is to be the site of the tourist complex.
The projects owners and developers are Gulf Star World Development, in conjunction with Strategic Internet Investments (SIII), Star Leisure & Entertainment, Robodh Contracting Establishment of Bahrain and Jzala Investment Group of Saudi Arabia.
Robodh has established an engineering and construction office at the Dream Island Project construction site as well has assembled the necessary dredging equipment on site, in anticipation of the mid January 2004 start up. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- SIII to commence construction of Manama’s Dream Island project
- Dredging works on Bahrain's ”Lulu Island” project progress
- Strategic Internet Investments enters into an agreement with Star Leisure & Entertainment
- Construction of Bahrain’s Dream Island Resort begins
- SIII to fund construction of Bahrain’s Dream Island Project