Must try harder: Mina, Lebanon rated BB+ by World Bank
The World Bank has given the Mina municipality in north Lebanon’s city of Tripoli a positive BB+ credit rating, the municipality said in a statement over the weekend.
“According to this evaluation, the municipality’s financial situation is positive and [it is] considered an entrusted partner in financial dealings,” the statement said.
The statement said Muhanna & Co., a Lebanese financial consultancy firm, had won a contract with the World Bank to study Lebanon’s municipalities. The study was concluded on Feb. 20.
- Lebanon negotiates with World Bank for $300 Million loan
- Cyprus: Intercontinental Bank of Lebanon granted banking business licence
- Lebanon: Remittances to remain stable according to World Bank
- Restoring confidence: Can S&P bank upgrade help Lebanon's economy?
- Reconciliation key for stabilizing Lebanese economy