World Bank $70 million loan for SMEs in Jordan
Jordan Times reports the deal was signed 16 April by Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Jafar Hassan and Ferid Belhaj, the World Bank's country director for Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iran and Iraq.
The Amman-based daily said the 30-year loan has a five year grace period with an interest rate of 1.45 per cent. The funds will be administered by the Central Bank of Jordan and distributed via the country’s commercial banks.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue