World Bank $70 million loan for SMEs in Jordan
The World Bank is to extend $70 million to Jordan for financing SMEs
Click here to add AMMAN as an alert
Disable alert for AMMAN,
Click here to add Central Bank of Jordan as an alert
Disable alert for Central Bank of Jordan,
Click here to add Ferid Belhaj as an alert
Disable alert for Ferid Belhaj,
Click here to add Jafar Hassan as an alert
Disable alert for Jafar Hassan,
Click here to add Jordan Times as an alert
Disable alert for Jordan Times,
Click here to add World Bank as an alert
Disable alert for World Bank
Jordan Times reports the deal was signed 16 April by Minister of Planning and International Cooperation Jafar Hassan and Ferid Belhaj, the World Bank's country director for Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iran and Iraq.
The Amman-based daily said the 30-year loan has a five year grace period with an interest rate of 1.45 per cent. The funds will be administered by the Central Bank of Jordan and distributed via the country’s commercial banks.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?