Financial players flock to Bahrain for World Islamic Banking Conference
Khalid Hamad Abdul-Rahman Hamad, Executive Director - Banking Supervision at the Central Bank of Bahrain said, “The banking sector will witness considerable local and international regulatory changes, and the people who are in charge of managing banks need to adapt to these new realities. The World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC) will be a high profile platform to examine these realities and focus on these constraints. I hope that the discussions that will take place during the 19th Annual WIBC between leaders of the banking sector will enhance the industry.
“The Central Bank of Bahrain is once again honored to support this prominent international event.”
David McLean, Chief Executive of the World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC) said, “The global Islamic financial services industry continues to experience double digit growth, with recent estimates indicating that global Shari’ah-compliant assets now stand between $1.1- 1.3 trillion.”
WIBC 2012 will begin on 9 December 2012 with a series of pre-conference summits. The main WIBC 2012 conference, which begins on 10 December 2012, will be inaugurated by HE Rasheed Mohammed Al Maraj, Governor of the Central Bank of Bahrain. The inaugural address will be immediately followed by a special opening keynote address by HE Khaled Mohammed Al-Aboodi, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager of the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector, the private sector arm of the Islamic Development Bank Group (IDB), Saudi Arabia.
WIBC 2012 will also feature a guest address on the potential for Islamic finance in Maghreb countries delivered by HE Jaloul Ayed, Former Minister of Finance of The Republic of Tunisia on 11 December 2012.
The 2012/13 edition of the World Islamic Banking Competitiveness Report, developed in collaboration with Ernst & Young, will also be launched on-site at the 19 Annual World Islamic Banking Conference in a specially convened plenary session on 10 December.
- Gulfnet collaborates on global cybersecurity platform
- Middle East poised to become an industry leader in 3D printing
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Show me the money: Lebanon addresses bank transfer delay problems
- Kuwait to receive French helicopters in $1.1B deal
- WORLD ISLAMIC BANKING CONFERENCE FOCUSSES ON FRAMEWORK FOR ISLAMIC BANKING & FINANCE TO THRIVE
- World Islamic Banking Conference to open in Bahrain
- New Islamic bank to open in Bahrain
- Islamic banking conference in Bahrain
- Al Hilal Bank shares perspectives at world’s largest gathering of Islamic financial leaders