Yemen approves 2013 budget
The government [of Yemen] approved Sunday a draft of the state's general budget for 2013 of over YR 2 trillion.
In an exceptional meeting chaired by Prime Minister Mohammed Salem Basindwa, the cabinet referred the budget draft to the parliament to finalize the required constitutional measures before the final approval.
The draft showed that the 2013 approved budget was estimated at YR 2,084,211,645,000, which is slightly less than the 2012 budget of YR 2,111,129,453,000
According to the draft, the expected deficit of 2013 is to exceed YR 0.6 trillion (YR682,787,340,000) compared to nearly YR 0.5 trillion (YR561,611,320,000) in 2012.
Yemen's general budget of 2011 was amounting to over YR 1.5 trillion with a deficit estimated at YR 316.4 billion.
- Let them eat bread: Lebanese youth urged to build their own future
- The list of the top ten highest salaries in the UAE reveals that they are not as high as they once were
- Why this global mega company is investing $500 million in Egypt
- GCC to remain stable despite oil price decline
- What's keeping Saudi youth from working in the private sector? It's exactly what you think it is