Yemen approves 2013 budget
The Yemeni government has approved a budget of over YR 2 trillion
The government [of Yemen] approved Sunday a draft of the state's general budget for 2013 of over YR 2 trillion.
In an exceptional meeting chaired by Prime Minister Mohammed Salem Basindwa, the cabinet referred the budget draft to the parliament to finalize the required constitutional measures before the final approval.
The draft showed that the 2013 approved budget was estimated at YR 2,084,211,645,000, which is slightly less than the 2012 budget of YR 2,111,129,453,000
According to the draft, the expected deficit of 2013 is to exceed YR 0.6 trillion (YR682,787,340,000) compared to nearly YR 0.5 trillion (YR561,611,320,000) in 2012.
Yemen's general budget of 2011 was amounting to over YR 1.5 trillion with a deficit estimated at YR 316.4 billion.
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- So cool it's hot: Saudi Arabia's $3.2B HVACR market driven by construction boom
- US, EU protectionist policies may be a blessing in disguise for GCC suppliers
- Dubai to Doha: How far can you stretch your dirham?
- OPEC's poor history of compliance will make production cut deal a challenge