Yemen tourism sector generates profits of $139 million
Yemen tourism sector witnessed significant growth in the past decade, according to an offical report published recently in Sana'a.
The report by the Yemeni ministry of culture and tourism, indicated that profits of the sector went up from $45 million in 1993 to $139 million in 2003.
In addition, the number of tourist institutions rose from 869 to 2,678.
Currently, there are 554 investment projects in the Yemeni tourist sector. They were carried out in the period of 1992-2002. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- first gulf bank registers a new record net profit of aed1.39 billion for the first nine months of 2007
- Tourism sector struggling in Jordan
- Prince Sultan Bin Salman Highlights KSA’s Tourism Potential at Travel and Tourism Investment Forum
- Dubai Chamber analysis forecasts strong growth in UAE tourism sector
- Yemen: Small growth in tourism