Zain Bahrain in final stages of $100 million network transformation upgrade
Zain Bahrain has announced the commencement of implementation activities pertaining to the final stages of its network upgrade with the support of Ericsson, the world-renowned technology solutions provider.
The $100 million network transformation, which began in April, is expected to give the company a key technology advantage, turning the mobile operator into one of the most technically-advanced in the world, and making available a whole new realm of exciting high-speed digital content capabilities to its customers.
The rollout will commence with the installation of a new and updated network that will enable Zain Bahrain to efficiently manage delivery of high-quality innovative services to a rapidly growing customer base.
It is part of Zain Bahrain's network modernisation programme which includes the provision of the latest 4G LTE technology and systems integration services, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication, citing a Zain statement.
Upon the completion of the process, customers will experience significantly enhanced coverage and data connectivity speeds, along with seamless access to traditional core network services.
"Telecoms technology and services have gone through a huge transition and is fast evolving to all-IP data-centric technologies," Zain Bahrain said.
"Zain Bahrain has effectively serviced its growing client-base to meet the pervasive demand for cutting-edge data technologies and service innovations and has invested in a world-class IP-based network. It aims to ensure optimal customer experience by deploying a state-of-the-art network coverage for the full gamut - mobile connectivity, smartphone technology use, home and roaming broadband."
Meanwhile, Zain Bahrain has cautioned its customers that they could face some service interruptions due to the network upgrade work.
"The upgrade is part of our continuous investment in Bahrain and our efforts to achieve superior quality standards," the company added.
- Talk about abandoning its comfort zone: an inside look into Amazon's 'Fire Phone'
- The Middle East's Silicon Valley? Jordan's booming, yet struggling, gaming industry
- Recognizing potential: MENA cyber-security market crosses $25 billion mark
- Easiest way to get your phone hacked? Own a smart phone
- Syrian entrepreneur develops all encompassing app for refugees to access services
- Motorola and Zain Kuwait rollout HSPA+, Expanding and Enhancing HSPA Network
- Zain Bahrain subscribers fast forward to rich, advanced telecom services
- Zain KSA” and Ericsson Sign Agreement to Provide 4G/LTE Network in the Kingdom
- Batelco Chooses Ericsson to build bigger and faster mobile network
- Saudi Arabia: Nokia Siemens Networks wins massive contract