Gaza Strip: At least one Palestinian killed by Israeli fire
At least one Palestinian fighter died and three were hurt during Israeli military strikes in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, Palestinian medics and the Israeli army said.
According to Reuters, a spokesman for the Islamic Jihad group said Israeli tanks fired shells and a helicopter launched a missile at its men east of the al-Bureij refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip. An Israeli army spokeswoman said: "An Israeli force identified a number of suspects planting explosives along the security fence (with Gaza). It fired at the suspects, identifying direct hits."
A Palestinian hospital source said the three wounded men were in serious condition.
- Southern Gaza Strip: Israeli fire kills Palestinian boy, wounds 14 others
- Gaza Strip: Four Hamas members, three Israeli soldiers killed
- Gaza Strip: Palestinian killed, two girsl wounded by Israeli fire
- Israeli Tanks Fire 20 Shells at Rafah in Gaza Strip
- Six Palestinians killed as Israel raids Gaza Strip