Ireland expels Mossad agent over Mabhouh murder
Ireland decided to expel Israel's Mossad representative in Dublin over the use of forged Irish passports by suspects in the murder of Mahmoud al Mabhouh a senior Hamas militay officer in Dubai earlier this year, the foreign ministry said Tuesday. According to AFP, Foreign Minister Michael Martin said the Irish government had decided that "by way of protest at its unacceptable action, Israel be requested to withdraw a designated member of staff of its embassy in Dublin."
"This demand has been conveyed to the Israeli ambassador and I would expect it to be quickly acceded to," he said. Martin conveyed the unnamed official was not being specifically blamed for forging passports
- Lieberman: No proof Mossad killed Mabhouh in Dubai
- Australia expels Mossad representative over al-Mabhouh killing
- Mossad agent involved in Mabhouh murder arrested in Poland
- Ireland says ”Irish suspects” involved in Dubai assassination used fake passports
- Dubai sure Mossad behind Hamas leader assassination