Israel blames Iran for Bulgaria attack
At least six dead and 32 wounded - this is the result of a bombing attack, which that targeted the Airport of Bourgas on the Black Sea, Bulgaria. The blast hit a bus full of Israeli tourists. The Israeli prime minister and the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs have already accused Iran of masterminding the attack.
This is the first time an anti-Israeli attack takes place in that country.
The Mayor, Dimitar Nikolov, has visited the Bourgas airport, which was closed to air traffic. All flights were diverted to Varna airport.
The victims have just landed and moved to the bus, when the blast took place. According to the local hospital, 18 Israeli tourists were admitted and hospitalized.
According to information from the Bulgarian state radio BNR and private television channel bTV, three buses were affected. One exploded while the other two then caught fire.
US President Barak Obama has condemned the attack and "prayed for the victims".
In recent years, the Bulgarian coast of the Black Sea became a popular vacation spot for Israelis. The two countries have been also maintaining excellent relationships.
- Bulgarian intelligence sources confirm Lebanese man responsible for 2012 Israeli bus bombing
- Lebanon, Bulgaria share Syria vision
- Series of bombings against Israeli tourists in Sinai: At least 30 dead
- Bulgaria's minister says Hezbollah attack in his country will have serious consequences
- Cyprus terrorist on trial admits to being a member of Hezbollah