West Bank: One Israeli policeman killed, three wounded in shooting attack
Unknown gunmen shot four Israeli policemen in an attack on their vehicle in the occupied West Bank on Monday, Israeli reports said. One of the policeman died of his wounds. According to Reuters, an ambulance service spokesman said two of the three other policemen had been seriously injured in the attack near the ciyt of Hebron. All three were being taken to hospital, added the spokesman.
This incident came one day after the annual report of the B'Tselem human rights group said 83 Palestinians and seven Israeli Arabs have been killed in the West Bank and Gaza Strip since the Gaza war in the winter of 2008-2009. Of the dead, 31 did not participate in hostilities, nine died by Palestinian security forces and two were executed for allegedly collaborating with Israel, the report said. Two-thirds of those killed lived in the Gaza Strip.
- Palestinian Policeman Kills Israeli Soldier, Injures Two Others Before Being Shot Dead in Gaza
- Yemeni Policeman Kills Four, Wounds Three in Family Shooting
- Three die, four wounded in Oman shooting spree
- One Israeli soldier killed, two wounded in West Bank shooting attack
- Four Palestinians, one Israeli policeman die in separate incidents