Homs car bomb death toll rises to 100
The death toll from two car bombs that exploded in Homs on Tuesday has risen significantly, according to AFP. A monitoring group on the ground is now saying 100 people have been killed.
“God allowed the al Nusra Front’s fighters to achieve a feat despite draconian security measures. It is so that they [residents of pro-government areas] taste the hell that our brothers have tasted,” the Nusra Front was quoted as saying.
Syria is set to hold presidential elections on June 3, despite ongoing violence.
- UPDATE: Homs bomb attack death toll rises to 30
- Syria's death toll rises as regime barrel bombs Aleppo
- Assad to offer presidential election as Homs death toll rises
- Three Baghdad suicide attacks kill 16 in fresh violence as Musayyib attack death toll rises to nearly 100
- Amman bombing death toll rises to 59