Homs rebel evacuation halted
The evacuation of rebels from the old city of Homs came to a halt Wednesday, after an aid convoy was prevented from entering the villages of Nubl and Zahraa in Aleppo, Al-Jadeed television reported.
The two Shiite villages are under siege by rebel forces, and the deal to evacuate the rebels in Homs was contingent on aid being allowed into the villages.
- Homs evacuation of rebel fighters delayed
- Syrian rebels begin to evacuate besieged city of Homs
- Syrians walk in an alley of the Souk Maskouf in the central city of Homs on May 10, 2014, as they return to the old city a day after the last Syrian rebels left the city's neighbourhood under an evacuation deal that hands the government a symbolic victory
- Syria talks stall in Geneva, Homs evacuation suspension to resume Wednesday
- Syria: Al Qaeda-linked Nusra Front claim responsibility for deadly Homs car bombings