Nusra leader killed in Syria
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says a roadside bomb killed a Nusra Front leader and his wife.
Ali al Nuaimi and his wife were killed overnight near the town of Busra al Sham in Daraa province, AP reports.
The killing is being called an “assassination,” and threatens to spark more rebel infighting in the south between al Qaeda-affiliated Nusra and moderate Syrian fighters, according to AP.
The attack comes at a time of increased tension between various rebel factions inside Syria.
- Over 60 militants killed after clashes between rivalry factions in Syria
- Syrian rebels clash over oil fields
- Syrian state TV says head of Al Nusra has been killed even as opposition denies claims
- Activists: ISIS top commander killed in Syria
- Regime airstrikes kill 10 and 34 Al Qaeda fighters dead in Syria's north