At least nine killed in strike on regime-held Aleppo neighborhood
At least nine people were killed in Syria's Aleppo Monday after rockets struck a regime-held area, according to the Associated Press.
SANA state news agency reported that the attack occurred overnight on the neighborhood of Ashrafiyeh.
No one has yet claimed official responsibility for the attack, but mortar and rocket fire has been exchanged almost daily in the country's second largest city after the regime initiated a shelling campaign on the city in mid December last year.
- At least 10 killed in regime air strikes in Syria's Aleppo day before peace conference
- At least 21 killed near Syria's Aleppo in latest round of regime airstrikes
- Regime shell strikes Aleppo bus, at least 10 killed
- Regime airstrikes kill 10 and 34 Al Qaeda fighters dead in Syria's north
- Syrian warplanes continue Aleppo airstrikes for fifth day, target southern villages