At least four killed in regime airstrikes on rebel town in Syria's Qalamoun
Regime airstrikes continue to also destroy the country's second largest city Aleppo (File Archive/AFP)
At least four people died from Syrian regime airstrikes in the rebel-held town of Zabadani along the Lebanese border, according to the Associated Press Wednesday.
Activists on the ground along with the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights confirmed the strikes on the town as well as increased shelling in the hilly areas of the Qalamoun region.
Zabadani and nearby Madaya are the sole remaining rebel-held towns in Qalamoun. Syrian regime forces assisted by Hezbollah fighters have taken control over the remainder of the region since their campaign in the area started last November.
- Syrian aircraft kill 50 in al-Bab town
- Syrian airstrikes kill refugee in Lebanese border town
- Syrian forces kill at least 50 in increased airstrikes
- Regime shelling in northern Syria kills at least six as rebels re-enter historic Christian town
- Syrian regime advances in Qalamoun, pounds rebel strongholds