Arabian Construction Company to build Jordan’s tallest building
Arabian Construction Company (ACC) has been awarded a AED342 million contract by Abu Dhabi's Emirates Tourism Investment (ETI) company to build the Rotana Hotel Tower in Abdali, Jordan.
Upon completion in 2013, the tower will be the tallest building in Jordan, standing at 188m.
Maher Merehbi, ACC's CEO said: "We are very pleased with this latest contract and to now have the opportunity to build a tall tower in Amman, after having built many state-of-the-art, iconic high rises across the Middle East, including the UAE, Lebanon and Qatar."
The Rotana Hotel will be a 5-star establishment with a total built-up area of 66,800m² and will consist of seven basements with the capacity to fit 180 cars; 50 floors featuring 425 rooms; a gym; spa; pool deck and several restaurants.
ACC – who has already started work on the project – is the general contractor, and will oversee the tower's construction, which includes: structural and façade cladding, architectural and civil works, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP), Back of House (BOH), interior finishes and external works.
The hotel will be located in the Abdali Disctrict in downtown Amman and forms part of the Abdali Urban Regeneration Project which aims to modernise downtown Amman through mixed-use development, state-of-the-art infrastructure, technology, security and a well structured network of roads.
- Taking an (im)moral stance: Qatar refuses to set deadline for improving workers' conditions
- With its new property regulation laws, Dubai's government might be sticking its nose in your holidays
- It might not be Dubai, but it's attainable: Real estate options to invest in in Saudi Arabia
- Is the Jordanian/Israeli Dead-Red deal about to 'kill' the Dead sea?
- Dubai, you should be jealous: other Mideast property hotspots to keep an eye on
- Amman: US$300 million contract awarded for construction of Abdali Boulevard
- Amman: Construction begins on the iconic Vertex Tower and Residences
- Jordan: Union Land Development Unveils its Iconic Al Abdali Tower
- Rotana Hotels to manage their first Luxury Hotel in Jordan
- Navayuga invests in Jordan expansion