Arabian Construction Company to build Jordan’s tallest building
Arabian Construction Company (ACC) has been awarded a AED342 million contract by Abu Dhabi's Emirates Tourism Investment (ETI) company to build the Rotana Hotel Tower in Abdali, Jordan.
Upon completion in 2013, the tower will be the tallest building in Jordan, standing at 188m.
Maher Merehbi, ACC's CEO said: "We are very pleased with this latest contract and to now have the opportunity to build a tall tower in Amman, after having built many state-of-the-art, iconic high rises across the Middle East, including the UAE, Lebanon and Qatar."
The Rotana Hotel will be a 5-star establishment with a total built-up area of 66,800m² and will consist of seven basements with the capacity to fit 180 cars; 50 floors featuring 425 rooms; a gym; spa; pool deck and several restaurants.
ACC – who has already started work on the project – is the general contractor, and will oversee the tower's construction, which includes: structural and façade cladding, architectural and civil works, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP), Back of House (BOH), interior finishes and external works.
The hotel will be located in the Abdali Disctrict in downtown Amman and forms part of the Abdali Urban Regeneration Project which aims to modernise downtown Amman through mixed-use development, state-of-the-art infrastructure, technology, security and a well structured network of roads.
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Al Bustan Centre & Residence wraps up a successful participation in ATM 2015
- The reality of realty: inbound property investments in GCC 'far less' than outbound
- Dubai's hospitality sector is a sound investment
- Quiet and wise: How Oman is transforming itself into a major logistics hub
- Construction contract for ‘Princess Tower’ awarded to ACC
- Construction work underway to build Sharjah's tallest standing structure
- British firm wins contract to manage construction of world's tallest building
- Amman: US$300 million contract awarded for construction of Abdali Boulevard
- Arabian Construction Company awarded AED 750 million construction contract