Danube to open its biggest ‘BUILDMART’ showroom within a mall
Danube Building Materials has announced plans to open its biggest 'Danube BUILDMART' showroom within a mall by October 2010. Set to occupy 35,000 sq. feet within the Dalma Mall in Abu Dhabi, the new store will mark the company's 10th retail facility in the GCC, and its fourth branch within a local shopping mall. The move is part of the company's AED 200 million expansion initiative, which is focused on establishing 16 branches for its flagship retail brand by the end of the year.
The announcement of the planned launch follows the opening of the first 'Danube BUILDMART' branch in India last July, and an earlier proclamation that the company is looking at an initial public offering (IPO) listing in Saudi Arabia or the UAE within the next 5 years. In addition to growing its business in the UAE, the company further revealed that it expanding to Qatar and other parts of Saudi Arabia and Oman, as well as in China, where it currently has one of its major manufacturing plants.
"Our commitment to providing clients all over the UAE with the best quality products and the highest level of customer service will once again witness a major boost with the upcoming launch of our newest and biggest 'Danube BUILDMART' showroom that is situated within a mall," said Rizwan Sajan, Chairman, Danube Building Materials. "We are very excited to unveil this latest addition to our rapidly-expanding family of first-class retail showrooms, and we are confident of the positive impact of this massive investment in our bottom line as well as to the strength of the 'Danube BUILDMART' name in the country."
Set to offer products from a host of reputed international and regional vendors including chandeliers, wall paper collections, curtains, carpets, luxury sanitary ware, Venetian blinds, wooden flooring, garden accessories, home décor and soft furnishings such as quilts, mattresses, towels, and pillow covers, among others, all products in the new showroom will be installed in an actual home set-up for a more personalised shopping experience. "Abu Dhabi remains a strong market, and the opening of our newest branch in the city is a testament to our confidence in the emirate's growth, especially in the construction and real estate front. We are confident that this new venture will be a key success and a highlight for our business this year," concluded Sajan.
- Inside the GCC's booming construction industry
- House hunting in Dubai? Budget friendly options may be available in the near future
- Why Dubai is NOT building more hotels for World Expo
- Another tipping point for the ME: 'smart' urban development
- Dubai residents blame 'Expo 2020' for extortionate hike in rent rates
- Danube unveils AED 20 million expansion plan for ‘DANUBE BUILDMART’ in the UAE
- UAE set to spend AED 53.8 billion for interior design contracting and fit-outs from 2009 to 2010
- Danube outlines AED 150 million expansion plan for ‘BUILDMART’ across the GCC
- Danube builds second showroom in Oman
- Majeed bin Mohsen Al Alawi inaugurates 'BUILDMART' in Bahrain