Depa wins $60m contract for second major project in Angolan capital
Depa Limited, one of the world's leading interior contracting companies, today announced that it has been awarded a major contract for both the interior fit-out and furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) of a five star Hotel & Casino in Luanda, the Capital of Angola. The contract is worth $60m (AED220m).
The project is being developed by Sonangol, the Angolan National Oil Company as part of the Government's plan to build 28 hotels around the country by 2011. Depa has been contracted for the design, fit-out and supply of FF& E for the interiors of the Hotel and Casino over 34,715m².
This is the second contract that Depa has won in Angola following last year's contract to fit out all 202 guest rooms and public areas of the Talatona Convention Centre Hotel in Luanda. This was completed on time and budget and the Hotel opened at the end of 2009.
Mohannad Sweid, Chief Executive Officer, Depa Limited commented: "Angola is a market which we see as having many opportunities for significant long-term growth. The Country is making giant strides with major economic reforms and continues to attract significant foreign direct investment. We continue to focus on diversifying our revenues in targeted countries such as Angola and continue to explore opportunities in other politically safe African nations."
Nadim Akrass, Managing Director, Operations, Depa Limited, said: "Having successfully undertaken an initial project in Luanda where we were able to demonstrate our credentials, we have been establishing our presence and are now well positioned to support the development of the Country's hospitality sector."
- To rent or buy in Abu Dhabi? Here is how both sales and leases are interlinked
- It's contagious after all? Mecca's surroundings experiencing 'unprecedented' real estate boom in Saudi
- Inside the GCC's booming construction industry
- House hunting in Dubai? Budget friendly options may be available in the near future
- Why Dubai is NOT building more hotels for World Expo
- Depa JV wins Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi contract and enters Yemen market
- Depa wins AED200 million Ferrari Theme Park contract in Abu Dhabi
- UAE interiors specialist wins $18 million contract outfit Egyptian hotel
- DEPA completes involvement in furnishing Four Seasons Nile Plaza Hotel in Cairo
- Depa United Group takes a 20% stake in Thailand Carpet Manufacturing company to address growing worldwide carpet demand