DSI wins first Egypt contract
Drake & Scull International (DSI) PJSC, a regional provider of end-to-end contracting services, has secured a Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) contract for the ‘Nile Corniche Project’ (NCP) in Cairo, Egypt for a value of AED 465 million (close to US$127 million).
“The momentous growth in the Egyptian tourism sector is propelling specialist contractors to tap into the promising opportunities the hospitality industry presents.” commented Khaldoun Tabari, CEO of DSI.
The Nile Corniche Project is a mixed use development, including the construction of a Hotel and Serviced Apartments, situated on the River Nile Corniche in Downtown Cairo.
The development consists of a four-level subterranean car park, an eight-level podium structure and two high rise concrete framed towers, consisting of 37 and 38 levels, respectively.
The project consists of 102 luxury Serviced Apartments in Tower 1 (North Tower) with four penthouse levels, Tower 2 (South Tower) having 226 standard rooms, 60 hotel suites, 98 serviced apartments and 16 luxury residential apartments. The Podium Structure consists of eight levels of functions rooms, restaurants, front of house, and service accommodation, and will also be the location of Qatari Diar’s Regional Offices.
- Dubai, you should be jealous: other Mideast property hotspots to keep an eye on
- The very high-profile supporters of Dubai's Expo 2020 bid…and Pamela Anderson is one of them
- How Qatar is LEED-ing the way in green construction
- Why did Emaar choose to splash billions on Irbil, Kurdistan?
- With a 'Yala now' attitude, Pepsi-co takes on Jordanian dam construction
- Al Habtoor Leighton Group awarded Olgana and Hilliana Towers in Dubai
- Fendi and the BinLadins come together: BinLadin group awarded $94 million luxury tower contract
- ALDAR awards Central Market Towers to ACC
- Drake & Scull awarded $460 million hotel development project
- Arabtec secures residential contract at Jumeirah Beach