DSI wins first Egypt contract
Drake & Scull International (DSI) PJSC, a regional provider of end-to-end contracting services, has secured a Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) contract for the ‘Nile Corniche Project’ (NCP) in Cairo, Egypt for a value of AED 465 million (close to US$127 million).
“The momentous growth in the Egyptian tourism sector is propelling specialist contractors to tap into the promising opportunities the hospitality industry presents.” commented Khaldoun Tabari, CEO of DSI.
The Nile Corniche Project is a mixed use development, including the construction of a Hotel and Serviced Apartments, situated on the River Nile Corniche in Downtown Cairo.
The development consists of a four-level subterranean car park, an eight-level podium structure and two high rise concrete framed towers, consisting of 37 and 38 levels, respectively.
The project consists of 102 luxury Serviced Apartments in Tower 1 (North Tower) with four penthouse levels, Tower 2 (South Tower) having 226 standard rooms, 60 hotel suites, 98 serviced apartments and 16 luxury residential apartments. The Podium Structure consists of eight levels of functions rooms, restaurants, front of house, and service accommodation, and will also be the location of Qatari Diar’s Regional Offices.
- Six savvy tips for choosing a real estate agent
- 'Selective softening': How Dubai's stabilizing property prices are in no way inclusive
- Abu Dhabi's Louvre: how far has it come and how far will it go?
- Saudi Arabia is getting creative about tacking its housing shortage
- Call it twisted, but it's actually cheaper to buy than rent property in Dubai
- DSI gains regional momentum with latest contract win in Syria
- DSI Kuwait Wins 2 Contracts Totalling Over AED 90 Million
- DSI reports 68% and 76% year on year increase in revenues and net profit for the first nine months of 2013
- Drake & Scull International wins AED 110 million MEP contract for Plaza View Development in Abu Dhabi