Majid Al Futtaim Properties commences the Ground Works for its 1 billion dollar Project in Syria
Majid Al Futtaim Properties commenced the ground works for its first mega tourism project in Syria, "Khams Shamat" that will become the Levant's landmark mixed-use community including tourism, shopping and entertainment.
Located in Sabboura\Yafour area on the Damascus-Beirut highway, Khams Shamat will be 17 Km west of Damascus and can be easily reached from the city centre in 20 minutes. The project will occupy a total land space of 1 million square meters and will contain the biggest shopping and leisure destination in the Levant region, numerous hotels, a town square with outdoor shopping and restaurants, commercial office space and touristic accommodations.
"We have spent a lot of time and money with the world's best consultants carefully studying all aspects of this mixed use development" Said Peter Walichnowski, CEO of Majid Al Futtaim Properties, who added "With the new investment offerings the Syrian economy is providing and the zest towards foreign investment, we found an outstanding opportunity to enter the Syrian market in a big way and be a major player in pushing the tourism, hospitality and retail sectors forward. We will bring to Syria international standard facilities that will be as good as anything else in the Middle East".
Waddah El Solh, Regional Head of Lebanon and Syria, said "Today is a big day for Majid Al Futtaim Properties in Syria. The start of the ground works shows our commitment towards the Khams Shamat project and our seriousness in getting things done." He added: "We take this opportunity to express our appreciation and gratitude to the Syrian Government for the support and for facilitating to accomplishment of this project. We are confident that Khams Shamat will play a major role in the overall development of the tourism sector in the country."
International hotels, business districts, touristic apartments and other civic amenities, such as schools, medical facilities, public parks, art galleries, and amphitheatres, will be part of the Khams Shamat project along with the shopping and entertainment mall. Majid Al Futtaim Properties will soon announce the names of the leading companies to operate the major hotels in Khams Shamat. The first phase of the project will be completed in 2014.
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Saudis, Jordanians top the list of Arab property buyers in Dubai
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Al Bustan Centre & Residence wraps up a successful participation in ATM 2015
- The reality of realty: inbound property investments in GCC 'far less' than outbound
- Majid Al Futtaim Properties to invest USD 3.5 billion in four new shopping malls
- Syria gets serious with tourism development
- Majid Al Futtaim Properties to open Fujairah City Centre on April 4th, 2012; sixth mall in the UAE for leading developer
- Abraj AL Lulu completes 20% of all structural work, commences work on mock-up apartments
- Emaar Middle East awards contracts for Al Nada and Al Ghadeer Villages within Al Khobar Lakes; work to commence shortly