Dubai comes down heavy on 2 men caught in sex act in car
In Dubai like other Middle East countries, homosexuality is a crime; and the penalty for migrant workers committing any crime - or for those of any nationality bar Emirati- is usually accompanied by deportation.
Two men who were caught by cops having oral sex on the backseat of a car have been jailed for a year.
Dubai Court of Misdemeanors heard how a 24-year-old Pakistani bus driver was found naked with a 33-year-old Filipino, who was not wearing any trousers, in a parked Toyota in International City. The pair were found guilty of homosexuality.
The court heard that officers on a police patrol car were suspicious of the vehicle and when they went over to look at it found the men on the backseat.
An Emirati policeman said in official records: “When we questioned them the Pakistani admitted they had been having an affair for a month. However the Filipino claimed he was on the way to a restaurant when the Pakistani touched his bum.”
The Filipino said in official records: “He took me to the car, stripped me and asked to have sex but I refused. I was afraid so offered him a sexual favour instead.”
The Filipino sent a written apology to the judge which said: “I apologise for what I have done. I’m sorry I had sex with a man.”
They will be deported after serving their sentences.
- They're not hurting anybody! Dubai police arrest cross dressing fashion designers
- Does my bum look big in this? Dubai cops bust drug smuggling derrière
- Sinful Salafis: Preacher found to have forged naked pictures of Elham
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Dubai movers and shakers grind in the urban desert