The first edition of Dubai Public Library saw the light of day in 1963. Located in Al Ras overlooking the banks of Khor Dubai, it ushered in a fresh wave of culture and knowledge in the city.
Dubai Public Library commemorates UAE’s visionaries with various activities on Accession Day
Committed to encouraging and nurturing the thirst for knowledge, the Dubai Public Library hosted a series of workshops, book readings, and exhibitions for the public on the fifth anniversary of the Accession Day of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President & Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
Celebrating the legacies of the UAE’s greatest visionaries, the Accession Day activities were designed to educate people about the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum and his achievements.
The Dubai Public Library operates under the umbrella of the Dubai Culture & Arts Authority, the Emirate’s dedicated Authority for culture, arts, and heritage.
- Retail 'therapy' for weak economies? ME among world's top 10 luxury markets
- Private jets are more worthwhile? Why top ME airlines are scaling back on first class
- Things to watch for: what to consider when buying a new TV
- Where there is Dubai, there is spending: international buyers keep UAE's superyacht market afloat
- Muslims in America: $98 billion worth of disposable income
- Over 2,000 Children Register for More than 70 Activities under Dubai Public Library’s ‘Alwan Spring Programme’
- Dubai Culture commemorates UAE’s 40th National Day with ‘Union House Exhibition’
- Dubai Culture marks ‘Flag Day’ to celebrate UAE national unity and achievements
- As the world commemorates other events, UAE expats remember their recession days