The first edition of Dubai Public Library saw the light of day in 1963. Located in Al Ras overlooking the banks of Khor Dubai, it ushered in a fresh wave of culture and knowledge in the city.
Dubai Public Library commemorates UAE’s visionaries with various activities on Accession Day
Committed to encouraging and nurturing the thirst for knowledge, the Dubai Public Library hosted a series of workshops, book readings, and exhibitions for the public on the fifth anniversary of the Accession Day of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President & Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
Celebrating the legacies of the UAE’s greatest visionaries, the Accession Day activities were designed to educate people about the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum and his achievements.
The Dubai Public Library operates under the umbrella of the Dubai Culture & Arts Authority, the Emirate’s dedicated Authority for culture, arts, and heritage.
- Why this UAE sector will grow 33 percent in less than three years
- Over the top: An inside look into the $2723 opportunity to have dinner at the top of Burj Khalifa
- UAE is dressing up for its new emerging industry
- Smart cards for Egypt's bread: achieving what was once rendered impossible?
- Move aside Paris, Dubai is planning a very 'fashionable' economy
- Dubai Culture to host Dubai Public Library’s 50th Anniversary on December 22
- Majid Bin Mohammed honours supporters of Dubai Public Library
- Dubai Customs staff express love and gratitude to the UAE President for his multiple initiatives towards the nation and the world
- Dubai Public Library pays tribute to His Highness Sheikh Zayed with cultural and educational activities
- Dubai eGovernment honours basic services employees