The first edition of Dubai Public Library saw the light of day in 1963. Located in Al Ras overlooking the banks of Khor Dubai, it ushered in a fresh wave of culture and knowledge in the city.
Dubai Public Library commemorates UAE’s visionaries with various activities on Accession Day
Committed to encouraging and nurturing the thirst for knowledge, the Dubai Public Library hosted a series of workshops, book readings, and exhibitions for the public on the fifth anniversary of the Accession Day of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President & Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai.
Celebrating the legacies of the UAE’s greatest visionaries, the Accession Day activities were designed to educate people about the vision of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum and his achievements.
The Dubai Public Library operates under the umbrella of the Dubai Culture & Arts Authority, the Emirate’s dedicated Authority for culture, arts, and heritage.
- Dubai Public Library pays tribute to His Highness Sheikh Zayed with cultural and educational activities
- Dubai eGovernment honours basic services employees
- Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum inaugurates fifth edition of Art Dubai
- Crown Prince of Dubai honours du with prestigious 2010 Dubai Human Development Appreciation Programme Award
- Dubai Public Library rolls out campaign to encourage reading in children and adults