Jordan textile exports to USA up
The total exports of by the textile factories located in Jordan's Qualified Industrial Zones amounted to US$1.058 billion in 2010 compared to US$ 447.7 million for the same period of 2009.
The Minister of Industry and Trade Amer Hadidi isaid n a statement that this significant increase was not seen by the clothing sector for the past 4 years. The highest increase was posted by Al Hassan Industrial City in Irbid.
Hadidi attributed this increase to the full implementation of the articles included in the Free Trade Agreement with the United States, which started early last year. The minister predicted the continuing rise in the Kingdom's exports by the apparel sector during 2011. The number of workers in these facilities hits about 35,000 workers asthe number of Jordanian workers is put at about 8500.
- Kuwait in financial flux: KSE closes the gap, making up for previous weeks' losses
- House of Saud lays out its cards: Saudi's private sector sets out its stalls to conquer 2015 via education, health, economics, social services
- Oil losses good for the Gulf sector? Slipping prices, now below $60, no threat to Saudi market
- Dubai's still got what it takes: trade tops Dh1 trillion in 2014
- Is the Syrian crisis boosting Jordan's agricultural exports? Kingdom sees more than Dead Sea product exposure with 2014's increased fruit, veg, sheep trade abroad