Jordan textile exports to USA up
The total exports of by the textile factories located in Jordan's Qualified Industrial Zones amounted to US$1.058 billion in 2010 compared to US$ 447.7 million for the same period of 2009.
The Minister of Industry and Trade Amer Hadidi isaid n a statement that this significant increase was not seen by the clothing sector for the past 4 years. The highest increase was posted by Al Hassan Industrial City in Irbid.
Hadidi attributed this increase to the full implementation of the articles included in the Free Trade Agreement with the United States, which started early last year. The minister predicted the continuing rise in the Kingdom's exports by the apparel sector during 2011. The number of workers in these facilities hits about 35,000 workers asthe number of Jordanian workers is put at about 8500.
- Why India is likely to re-emerge as the UAE's top trade partner
- What's really attracting high net worth individuals to living in the UAE?
- Forbes Middle East reveals names region's 200 most powerful women
- Presidential vacuum, Syrian crisis leaves Lebanon's business leaders more than worried
- Oil wells, taxes, and scare tactics: how the IS has been making money all this time