Jordan textile exports to USA up
The total exports of by the textile factories located in Jordan's Qualified Industrial Zones amounted to US$1.058 billion in 2010 compared to US$ 447.7 million for the same period of 2009.
The Minister of Industry and Trade Amer Hadidi isaid n a statement that this significant increase was not seen by the clothing sector for the past 4 years. The highest increase was posted by Al Hassan Industrial City in Irbid.
Hadidi attributed this increase to the full implementation of the articles included in the Free Trade Agreement with the United States, which started early last year. The minister predicted the continuing rise in the Kingdom's exports by the apparel sector during 2011. The number of workers in these facilities hits about 35,000 workers asthe number of Jordanian workers is put at about 8500.
- Go big or go home: Expat salaries soar in Dubai
- Lebanon: Financial analysts warn of long-term economic repercussions after BLOM Bank attack
- Saudi companies analyze switching between Gregorian, Hijri calendars
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Total exports of Bahrain in 2004 stood at BD2.83bn, an increase of 13.4% over 2003
- Jordan's exports to the US up by 62%
- Exports from Jordan's Qualified Industrial Zones up
- Egyptian textile exports reach EP 1.61 billion in first half of 2000
- Outgoing US Ambassador to Jordan: Export to US expected to hit $1 billion