Lebanese exports up by 19.5 percent
Lebanon was ranked tenth in the Arab group of 10 countries in terms of value of exports in recent times as reported by the World Trade Organization. The WHO report, published today in Beirut, said that Lebanon was also ranked 83 in the world list, which includes 95 countries. This is the same spot as last year.
Lebanese exports grew by 19.5 percent compared to last year. Meanwhile, the growth rate worldwide amounted to 23.6 percent and to 31.2 percent at the Arab level.
Regarding imports, the report showed that Lebanon was ranked 67 worldwide the same place recorded in the same period last year.
It pointed out that imports of Lebanon rose by 10.5 percent on an annual basis compared to a global rise of 22.5 per cent. Lebanese imports account for 0.1 percent of world imports and 6 percent of the Arab imports.
- What's its secret? Kuwait sustains non-oil growth for two years
- The reliable consumer: China on track to become biggest export market for GCC by 2020
- After the GCC 'happy' summit, is a customs union closer to reality?
- A bleak record: Turkey comes second in OECD income inequality list
- ًA safe bet? Why the ME's businessmen are chasing after St.Kitts and Nevis' citizenship