Syrian - Iranian economic relations set to expand
The director general of the Syrian development and export promotion agency Hossam Youssef said that during the recent Syrian Iranian Business Forum about 100 opportunities for projects in Syria were presented. According to him, the Council is currently working on preparing an investment map of the projects likely to be materialized between Syria and Iran. He mentioned that Iran is the leading commercial partner of Syria in terms of foreign direct investment. In return, Syria is serving as a platform for Iran into neighboring countries.
Youssef stressed that after the signing of a preferential trade agreement between the two countries, the economic relations are expanding rapidly. He pointed out that the value of trade recorded in 2010 amounted to at least US$400 million.
On his part, the president of the Council, Hassan Jawad spoke about the desire of the two sides to establish a joint bank with a capital of US$ 30 million.
- Why the Egyptian government and activists are just not seeing eye-to-eye on labour reforms
- Is the Saudi economy going to be unpredictable in H2?
- Abu Dhabi's economy and investors are happy because growth continues
- The clever's mistake: why a (good) candidate should be hired despite an odd typo
- Stability and jobs lead to a healthy housing market in Bahrain