Syrian - Iranian economic relations set to expand
The director general of the Syrian development and export promotion agency Hossam Youssef said that during the recent Syrian Iranian Business Forum about 100 opportunities for projects in Syria were presented. According to him, the Council is currently working on preparing an investment map of the projects likely to be materialized between Syria and Iran. He mentioned that Iran is the leading commercial partner of Syria in terms of foreign direct investment. In return, Syria is serving as a platform for Iran into neighboring countries.
Youssef stressed that after the signing of a preferential trade agreement between the two countries, the economic relations are expanding rapidly. He pointed out that the value of trade recorded in 2010 amounted to at least US$400 million.
On his part, the president of the Council, Hassan Jawad spoke about the desire of the two sides to establish a joint bank with a capital of US$ 30 million.
- Go big or go home: Expat salaries soar in Dubai
- Lebanon: Financial analysts warn of long-term economic repercussions after BLOM Bank attack
- Saudi companies analyze switching between Gregorian, Hijri calendars
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb