Syrian - Iranian economic relations set to expand
The director general of the Syrian development and export promotion agency Hossam Youssef said that during the recent Syrian Iranian Business Forum about 100 opportunities for projects in Syria were presented. According to him, the Council is currently working on preparing an investment map of the projects likely to be materialized between Syria and Iran. He mentioned that Iran is the leading commercial partner of Syria in terms of foreign direct investment. In return, Syria is serving as a platform for Iran into neighboring countries.
Youssef stressed that after the signing of a preferential trade agreement between the two countries, the economic relations are expanding rapidly. He pointed out that the value of trade recorded in 2010 amounted to at least US$400 million.
On his part, the president of the Council, Hassan Jawad spoke about the desire of the two sides to establish a joint bank with a capital of US$ 30 million.
- Let them eat bread: Lebanese youth urged to build their own future
- The list of the top ten highest salaries in the UAE reveals that they are not as high as they once were
- Why this global mega company is investing $500 million in Egypt
- GCC to remain stable despite oil price decline
- What's keeping Saudi youth from working in the private sector? It's exactly what you think it is