UAE Among Top Countries for Employment in the Middle East
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has been the preferred employment destination, after the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and Qatar. The Bayt Middle East Job Index, states that of the 2,763 respondents across the region, 46 percent voted for the KSA, while the UAE was a close second with 44 percent. The preferred status for the UAE is a result of a cosmopolitan work culture, better salary structures and career opportunities.
Taking this positive outlook ahead and gearing up the region for more innovative human resource (HR) practices, Chester Elton, Leadership and HR Guru, will be exclusively presenting to companies across the UAE on 'The Carrot Principle' and 'The Orange Revolution'. Both strategies focus on the 'employee' and what does it take by organizations today to retain and employ the right candidates.
"Companies need to be futuristic in their view of HR departments, as good HR professionals, will be consultants to leaders in the future. It is all about the right people at the right place. Therefore, the three areas of focus for a company should be appreciation, communication and alignment of employees," said Elton, who is conducting a one-day seminar at the 7th Annual Middle East HR Summit.
"Recognition of employees is the key to retaining good staff. Companies need to understand the basic principles of recognition in today's competitive scenario. In order to achieve consistent growth, companies also need to regularly train employees and reward efforts of employees," commented Elton.
- What's its secret? Kuwait sustains non-oil growth for two years
- The reliable consumer: China on track to become biggest export market for GCC by 2020
- After the GCC 'happy' summit, is a customs union closer to reality?
- A bleak record: Turkey comes second in OECD income inequality list
- ًA safe bet? Why the ME's businessmen are chasing after St.Kitts and Nevis' citizenship
- Bayt.com and YouGov survey reveals that the UAE is among the happier countries in the MENA
- Nuqul Group’s ‘FINE’ named among “Best Employers in Middle East 2009’ by inaugural Hewitt study
- First Gulf Bank Named Among Top Ten Best Employers In The Middle East
- Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and UAE among top 10 countries in the world by proportion of ultrawealthy households