Big Medicine: 600 kg Saudi man is forklifted from his home for a government-funded weight reduction procedure
Government-funded fat reduction surgery in the works for this 600 kg Saudi (Shuttershock)
A Saudi man weighing 610 kilograms was forklifted to hospital on Monday for medical treatment at the expense of the monarch to reduce his weight.
Khaled Mohsin Shairi was flown from his southwestern hometown of Jizan to Riyadh on a specially-equipped plane. It posted a picture of overweight Shairi being lifted on a forklift out of the plane on arrival in the capital. Acting on orders of King Abdullah, the health ministry had to acquire a specially-made bed and a crane to transfer Shairi from his second-floor apartment, SPA state news agency reported.
The bed was specially made for Shairi in the United States, Sabq news website said. The ministry did not specify the nature of treatment that the young man will undergo.
- Who ate all the pies? 610kg Saudi man airlifted from his home
- Averaging 80 kilos per month, see what this big loser did that broke records
- The MERS menace: death toll nears 100 in Saudi Arabia
- 17 new cases of MERS in KSA
- Lipstick and the law: Five Saudi ladies granted licenses to become KSA's first ever female laywers