Abu Dhabi Lands in the Big Apple's Times Square
Abu Dhabi's culture and heritage will be on full display in the middle of New York's Times Square next week.
The three-day display, which will open on May 16, has been organised by the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority (ADTA) to celebrate the launch of its new US office in New York's Trump Tower.
A 18 x 12m tent will be erected in the middle of the Times Square and will feature five areas - taste, sound, sight, touch and scent - for visitors to get a feel of the capital. Henna painting, falcons, traditional coffee and dates will be among offerings they can experience.
On the event's opening night, various billboards around Times Square will show the official Abu Dhabi destination video.
Etihad Airlines, which currently operates daily from Abu Dhabi to New York and Chicago, plans to launch a daily flight to Washington DC next March.
By: Marie-Louise Olson
- A proud moment for Emiratis
- Mo' money, less problems: Abu Dhabi voted world's fourth best city
- Times of Oman in Top Five Newspapers in the world for its design
- Crapp-uccinos all round in Abu Dhabi as dung-coffee hits the shelves
- Abu Dhabi's popularity among foreigners comes at a cost. Air traffic and fares expected to rise this summer.