After surviving 100 years in the turbulent Middle East, Sufi cleric is executed by Daesh in Egypt
A screengrab allegedly shows the militants standing behind Abu Haraz. (File photo)
The Daesh-affiliated extremist group known as Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis which operates in Egypt released images alleging to show the execution of a 100-year-old man.
The extremists kidnapped Sheikh Sulaiman Abu Haraz from outside his home in Al Arish and killed him in north Sinai, Egypt where the Daesh affiliated group is active.
Abu Haraz was a prominent Sufi cleric and one of the elders of the Sinai Peninsula.
- Daesh bans pigeon breeding in the ‘caliphate' due to offensive, low flying genitals
- Daesh down under? The baffling rise of radicalization in Oz
- Middle East News & Arab Headlines From A Local Perspective
- US: Religious Persecution Continues in Middle East, Despite Improvements
- Iraq was once a beacon of hope for the Arab world — so what happened?