Ahmadinejad's mother of all Israel insults: the state's existence is 'insult to all humanity'
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad finds Israel insulting
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, in his sharpest attacks yet against Israel, has said that the existence of the Jewish state is an 'insult to all humanity'.
"The existence of the Zionist regime is an insult to all humanity," Amadinejad said while addressing worshippers at Tehran University after nationwide pro-Palestinian rallies.
According to Fox News, he also said confronting Israel is an effort to 'protect the dignity of all human beings.'
Israel considers Iran an existential threat because of its nuclear and missile programmes, support for radical anti-Israel groups on its borders and repeated references by Iranian leaders to Israel's destruction.
Iran has, however, denied allegations that it is seeking to build nuclear weapons, saying its nuclear program is aimed at producing electricity and radioisotopes used to treat cancer patients.
Meanwhile, Israel has been carrying on an increasingly public debate about whether to attack Iran's nuclear facilities.
- No trace of irony: Ahmadinejad says stockpiling nuclear weapons is "mentally retarded"
- Mr. Bombastic? Netanyahu tries to enrich UN Assembly with crude bomb diagram
- Nobel Laureate Risks Ban by Israel but Curries Favor with Iran
- Ahmadinejad: US can't attack Iran
- Ahmadinejad: No regional stability as long as Israel exists