AMERICAN IN ARABIA's Comic 'Leaks': The Assad Couple's SMS Chats
Brett re-imagines what is going in the Assad SMS files, if such thing were to exist- shown for illustrative purposes.
Gone where no British newspaper has gone before: Brett goes imaginatively further into the Assad Couple's private lives than even the E-mails could. Ordering killings, playing scrabble, huh? More from that tongue-in-cheek American humor.
After the Guardian exposed his emails and his reclusion from reality, we can only imagine what Bashar Assad’s texts to his wife have said:
“Wherz the remote? TV has been stuck on Fox Movies for forever! Want to catch up on news.”
“I’m @ the store. They R completely out of Tylonel & all pain killers. What gives?”
“I’m bored. Let’s order some more killings. Or we can just play Scrabble”
“B home late. Stuck in traffic in Homs. Must be a parade or something. I bet itz for me”
“Luv u. Sorry bout the fight over the game last nite. I’m kinda stressed but dunno why”
“BTway, TORTURER is a legit word. Shoulda got 50+ points for using all my letters”
“Wanna order pizza tonight? I’m tired of Persian and Chinese every nite"
And the latest,
“Whatz my Gmail password? I can’t seem to get into my account?”
By Brett Weer
- AMERICAN IN ARABIA Gets Cheeky with Assad: Whose Ass is it Anyway?
- Word nerds unite! Dubai nabs a triple word score with upcoming Scrabble championship
- White House Condemns Assad's iTunes Bypass
- Leaked emails reveal Asma Assad is 'real dictator in family'
- Did Assad's son really taunt the US military on Facebook?